Thursday, August 29, 2013

チョコレート! Don't fall in Love - Fall in Chocolate

There are infinite reasons to love chocolate. Sometimes I just need a bite of it to get through the intense hustle and bustle of New York City but really, "desserts" is really just stressed spelled backwards. Chocolate doesn't ask you silly questions, it just understands you. I've never met a chocolate I didn't like. Chocolate is cheaper than therapy and you don't need an appointment. I Love Chocolate. I Love Royce.
Store in Midtown Manhattan



I am always on the lookout for delicious gourmet chocolates and have found a brand from Japan called Royce, who makes some of the most spectacular kinds of chocolate imaginable! Founded in Sapporo in 1893, their chocolates are now made in Hokkaido and are specially imported by chocolate connoisseurs all over the world. Unfortunately, you cannot buy their chocolate online to be shipped for individuals. You have to buy them from a local carrier, or find someone who carries their products online. Their chocolates are beautiful and well maintained under proper packaging and temperature control to insure the best of taste. Something so delicious must be coveted and treated with respect :)

I want to eat everything! NOM NOM NOM :)
Royce Midtown
Lucky for me, there is ONE Royce chocolate store in NYC right near my job in midtown, Manhattan. It's located on 53rd street and Madison Ave. It's is a beautiful store, so bright and crisp with high ceilings, almost as if they sold chocolates from the future. The clerk also alerted me that they will be opening up a new store right near Bryant Park soon and I just wan't wait! The owner of this store in midtown is also the owner of a Japanese bakery/patisserie called Lady M. They too have the most delectable desserts known to man, and their location is as stunning as the Royce Store in midtown. I want to go ahead and say that the Japanese have really made themselves stand out in the world of beautifully ornate and delicious sweets.

Lady M Bakery in Bryant Park via yelp

I have a favorite product from Royce I want to share with you all. You MUST try it if you like chocolate and potato chips. Yes, I am talking about white chocolate dipped potato chips. I die. This is what drew me to find out if there was any place in New York where I could get my hands on these babies! My boyfriend's best friend Ivan works in abroad and brought these for me, all the way from Japan.

Sweet and salty heaven
$17 in store. Expensive snack but truly worth at least a one time purchase :)
Hooked for Life!
They also have other kinds of of chocolates that are dipped in potato chips if you are not a fan of white chocolate.
These are dipped in CARAMEL omg. 
They also have some dipped on milk chocolate.
Hot chocolate crunch? Sounds Delicious.


I got to try a few things in the store hehehe :) this is milk "Nama chocolate with Champagne Pierre Mignon"
Truffle like, milky, contains liquor. SO AMAZING.  Each square is dipped into coco power
The one on the left is White "Nama Chocolate (white) with the aroma and bitterness of green tea, made by blending in powdered premium green tea leaves and sprinkling on green tea-flavored chocolate powder."

I bought the blue box in the middle of the picture right above and brought it home for my hubby to try. The blue box is the Bitter Nama Chocolate. "Savor the aroma of Henessy V.S.O.P and the Subtle bitterness of cacao in this semi sweet Nama Chocolate."

They package your chocolate in a nice cooling pack along with an ice pack inside to keep your sweets nice and cool for 5-6 hours. Handled with Care :)
Vedict?
HE LOVES IT TOO!!! 
Eat chocolate, be happy!
  509 Madison Avenue (53rd Street), (646) 590-0650, e-royce.com. Nama chocolates are $18 for a box of 20; coated potato chips, $17 a box; criollo squares, $14 a box; and Prafeuille filled squares, $18 a box.

XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment