Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Puppy Playtime with Leo

Every Monday, we take our precious baby angel to puppy class at Petco. This class ends up being the highlight of my week and makes me feel so happy/giggly afterwards. Like a human baby, socializing your puppy is really important for the pup's development and emotional happiness! I learned this the hard way with our old Yorkie.


Coco (RIP), was always on edge around other dogs and barked around people she didn't know. She was actually very bad at behaving around other people, and overall, she was a naughty little pooch. I was so young when I had Coco that I didn't know how to properly care for him. Over time, I have come to realize that Coco was loco but, we only had ourselves to blame. Coco never went to puppy classes, socialized with other pups/people, or received any proper training.

"One would expect an animal as social as a dog would come into a household in a perfectly social way. But a well-mannered dog is created, not born, and the creation of those good manners requires affection, patience, and long-term commitment on both your part and your dog's." -Petco

This time around, I am determined to do things better with Prince Leo. Classes we take include playtime, potty training, socialization, loose leash walking, basic commands training and so much more! 

Leo Graduated from his beginner level puppy class (Puppy I) this past July! So proud of my baby!

Leo recently started his Puppy II class and here's a clip of him playing with his supermodel Greyhound Bestie, Jimmy.

Jimmy is a beautiful 6 months old Greyhound. He's a Supermodel.

This is Leo's Buddy Norman. Norman is a rescue and needs a bit more TLC when playing.

Say hello to Nora, she is Leo's lady friend that he likes to smooch on ;)

Leo and his Daddy at class.


On our way to class. I am so lucky to be his mama!
Wearing my favorite Plaid H&M Man shirt that I have had since college/Red Matte Hunter Rain Boots/Prada Wallet



Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did. Stay tuned for for more puppy action on Les Bananas! 
xoxo 




No comments :

Post a Comment