Friday, February 14, 2014

Prince Leo's First Birthday: Healthy Dog / Puppy Cake Recipe 2014

Happy Valentines Day Homies 
V-Day is sweet and all but more importantly, my precious angel Leo just had his first birthday!


February 13, 2013, my baby Dachshund Prince Leo ♛ was born into this crazy, crazy world. To celebrate this special day, I decided to bake a doggy cake for my little man. I Found a super easy recipe for the most perfect birthday treat :)

LEO aka Little Man aka Dingdong aka Hot Dog, aka Lecho aka Bad Boi

PEANUT BUTTER CARROT 
DOGGY CAKE



yield: 1 Doggie cake
 
prep time: 15 minutes
 

cook time: 30 minutes
 
total time: 45 minutes

INGREDIENTS:

1 cup flour (use Whole Wheat!)
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ cup natural peanut butter (Feel free to throw in extra!)
¼ cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey (Natural is better)
1 cup shredded carrots
1 egg

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8" round cake pan or an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
2. Whisk together the flour and baking soda. Add the rest of the ingredients and, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix until thoroughly combined. Pour batter into pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.



Stuff you need...
Don't forget the oil...I almost did haha.
Whole Wheat Flour Power.
I love my little Baking Soda Packets. Keeps all my baking soda extra fresh!
mmmm...Peanut Butter...




The batter actually smells super amazing and will make your entire house smell yummy once baking!
Bake for 30 mins and take out of the oven to cool.
Next, get your various puppy treats out to decorate the Cake!
Use Peanut Butter to ice the cake and your dog will not be able to resist!
 I used Think! Dog alligator paw treats and Planet Dog doggy Bones for decoration!




Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday Dear Leo...
Make a wish! 
I wish mommy and daddy will give back my balls 
We cut a giant piece for the birthday boy.
Daddy can I eat it?
Pu-leaseeeeee?
NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM !!!!!
He licked, and licked....
Until there was none left.
It's not over you lucky duck! Look at the presents daddy brought home 
Best Birthday EVER! Oh wait....I've only had one.

XOXO








No comments :

Post a Comment