Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My First Chanel: Fall/Winter 2014 - 2.55 Reissue Flapbag Burgundy Patent Gold Hardware

My Chanel dream has come true. After saving mucho $$$, I am now a proud owner of the classic, Limited Edition 2.55 Reissue Flapbag in Burgundy patent leather with brilliant gold hardware and I am just dying homies. This bag is my precious new baby, and it is my very first Chanel. I am smiling from ear to ear and the smell of new and crisp leather is just so delicious. I'm not gonna lie, I got sick to my stomach after spending so much money but you know what they say #YOLO. Also, the price goes up on these babies every year so I had to invest before the price became unbearable. Work hard and treat yo self ladies!







This past Saturday, I took a field trip to the Chanel store on Madison Avenue aka HEAVEN.

This photo is brought to you by heaven.
I drooled all over the place.

They served us Perrier by Andy Warhol. #fancy

I looked at a bunch of exquisite bags but couldn't decide on THE ONE.


I stumbled upon this Gorgeous Babe and fell in love~! Sexy wallet with chain.

But this red baby was a bit too small for what I wanted so I decided to look for something bigger and a bit more...Classic.

And then I found my true love. Not Allan, the bag he's holding. Hehehe jkjkjk Love you babe<3

My new baby all ready to come home with me.
They also gave me a delightful perfume on the house:
Chanel chance eau tendre 

I couldn't wait to go home and open up my treasure box!



Retails at $4900 = Over $5300 plus tax

The bag has a number of features:
-The lining’s burgundy colour represents the colour of the uniforms at the convent where she grew up.
-There is a zippered compartment at the inside of the front flap. That is where Chanel is rumoured to have stored her love letters in her original bag.
-The backside has a back outside flap for storage of money.
-Chanel, recognising that modern women needed to have their hands free while attending social functions, designed a double-chain shoulder strap, something common in downmarket products, but rare in luxury circles at the time. The chains were attached by leather-threaded chain inserted though eyelets. The caretakers of the convent where she grew up held the keys at their waist dangling from the same type of chains as the 2.55 shoulder strap chains.
-The bag originally came with a front lock called “the Mademoiselle Lock” (in reference to Coco Chanel never marrying). Since the 1980s, versions can also be supplied with a lock in the shape of a double CC logo. These called “Classic Flaps”.
-The bag has a quilted diamond or herringbone pattern on the exterior. Using a running stitch, this gives the bag shape and volume. The pattern is believed to have been inspired by several sources: by jockeys’ riding coats, by the stained-glass windows of the abbey at Aubazine, as well as by the cushions in Chanel’s Paris apartment.


Leo approves of my purchase :)


DO YOU BELIEVE IN MAGIC?

"IN FEBRUARY OF 1955, GABRIELLE CHANEL LAUNCHES THE ICONIC 2.55 QUILTED HANDBAG, NAMING THE STYLE AFTER THE DATE OF ITS CREATION. COMBINING LEATHER WITH A GOLD CHAIN, SHE INVENTS A SUPPLE NEW STYLE OF SHOULDER STRAP THAT IS UNIQUELY STRONG AND LIGHT, AND THAT ALLOWS A WOMAN'S HANDS TO REMAIN FREE."








I immediately wore it out to dinner in Williamsburg that night.
"Jump out the window if you are the object of passion. Flee it if you feel it. Passion goes, boredom remains." -Coco Chanel


XOXO

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Josie ! Hope you're having a great week :)

      Delete
  2. Your bag is amazing!!! Congratulations! I have been looking into buying a Chanel like yours, that is how I ran into your post. Would you happen to know how much these are going for now? Thank you��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Irene! So glad you ran into this post~ My bag ran me $4900 but it is now $5500 pre-tax. Chanel bags have been going up in price every year, so it is a good investment in my opinion. It is a very desired product so you could always resell it in the future, or hand it down to a daughter or other family member. I had to save up for mine but I am so happy with my choice and consider it a major wardrobe staple for any fashionista :)
      Hope that helps and have a wonderful weekend.

      XO

      Delete