Thursday, August 22, 2013

California Dreamin: Part II- Napa and Sonoma

On Saturday Morning, Allan and I woke up bright and early to drive out to warm and sunny Napa/Sonoma. The Bay area was actually pretty chill and brisk, so I was pleasantly surprised when the weather got so much toastier closer to the wineries.
I love this picture and wanted to start the post with it :) Wedding setup at Brix restaurant - Napa, CA





We rented a Mercedes from Zipcar :)
Saw this dope dude with a sweet ride along the way...
Our first stop was a Winery called Viansa in Sonoma
<3
Fresh Grapes for a delicious Pinot~ Don't they look scrumptious? 
We had a cute little picnic with a spectacular view, wine, various cheeses, and meats! 
\
We walked around Sonoma City Hall and ran into a Porsche show!
Do you like my ride?
We then stopped at Brix for some oysters before moving on to our next winery - I was in Napa Heaven...
We made it to PlumpJack's and tried some of their most popular types of wines :)
gift shop goodies
Next stop.... Cakebread Cellars!

Tasting = Delicieux 
Grapes on grapes on grapes
They store their libation in French Oak 
Cakebread wines can be found in many restaurants and shops! Look for the nearest Cakebread around you!
Allan started getting a little hungry and tired after walking around the beautful vines...

So we mosied over to Morimoto Napa
"Masaharu Morimoto is a Japanese chef, best known as an Iron Chef on the Japanese TV cooking show Iron Chef and its spinoff Iron Chef America." 
Even the salad looked absolutely stunning
We filled out tummies with mouthwatering sea urchin carbonara/sushi that melts in your mouth/variety tempura 
After this delicious meal, we skipped over to what is now my favorite winery - Signorello Vineyards.

Signorello has the most beautiful endless pool that looks over endless valleys of vineyards/wineries. 
Sigorello was chosen to be served at the white house in 1997.  Balling!

This absolutely beat my scrawny little cheap wine bottles from Trader Joe's.
Panoramic view of Signorello

Overall, my adventures in California this year was so much fun! My weekend was filled with sunshine, delicious food, libations, and the nicest people I met along the way! I am actually planning on going back to SF, Napa, and Sonoma in November for another business trip. I hope to try a few more places I didn't get to stop by and I will be sure to report back to you.  
Xoxo <3 


No comments :

Post a Comment