Monday, August 26, 2013

Night at the MTV 2013 Video Music Awards - NYC @ the Barclay's Center

Last night was one of the greatest nights of my life, and I will be sure to treasure these moments forever. Thank's to 1iota, I attended the 2013 MTV Video Music Award Ceremony held at the Barclay's center, in Brooklyn. I had priority, Pit Fans tickets, which means I had to stand all night but, had the best views in the house. I got to stand right by the stage, in the middle of the runway/elongated part of the stage so I was happy I got to see some of the celebrities up close and personal. I have to admit it was a long wait, and it takes a lot of patience to withstand all the crazy people who will push you until you give up your amazing place in the crowd. I stood my ground and tried my best not to lose my place. All Photos seen below belong to me, and are not borrowed from any other sources. It was a night to be remembered :)



MTV Video Music Awards 2013 @ the Barclay's Center.
I think those people are making out in this pic ;)
Providing this, just to show the lines that were wrapped around for blocks. I suggest you bring some snacks, and a good friend you get you through the wait. 
I instagrammed my way into killing time. 

Then I saw a familiar face but wasn't too sure until...
I started cracking up when I realized it was Richard Simmons. He made sure everyone knew he was there :)
Finally made it into Barclay's Center and saw flashes of hope that it would be a good night. 
I made some cute friends along the way too!
I wore the cutest little Phillip Lim dress - will show more pics at the end of this post ;)
After the longest wait, which I thought would never end, Lady Gaga opened the show with her new song "Applause." The Main Stage was a bit further away from me than I wanted but luckily, most performers made sure they strutted their way to the end of the runway, right where I was standing!
And then One direction came towards me and I panicked. Took a short vid instead of taking a pic. Sorry, it happens.
I got even more psyched when Miley Cyrus came out acting all crazy :)
Watched her Gyrate all over the stage. I was entertained. You can watch it again if you want. 
Then 2 Chainz sneaked out from the back with his dancers to join...
Kendrick Lamar. I have to admit I was a bit turned off of Kendrick Lamar, after his recent arrogant reprimand towards his fellow rappers regarding "raising the bar," in his song Control. 
Soon Robin Thicke came out and stole the show with his hit/summer 2013 song Blurred Lines.
Maybe I'm outta my Minnnnnnd!
Kevin Hart was up next to present the next act - he looked kinda nervous!
And then it happened...
Kanye Friggin West started walking towards me and we started breathing the same air.

I died. Or it at least felt like I was going to die haha. He performed "Blood on the Leaves" from his Yeezus album. He was full of energy and you can't really see it in this video but, he jumps around the stage in the dark. Definitely one of the highlights of my night.

Then the show got super Cray when Justin Timberlake's got onto the stage. Everyone was wondering about an N'Sync "reunion performance" rumor that has been going around. Is it true?
It was true. N'Sync had their 30 seconds of shine at the very end of JT's peformance where they performed parts of "Bye Bye Bye" and "Girlfriend".
You can see all the videos nicely recapped via Pitchfork :)
JT was definitely the man of the Hour. We knew that he was up for some serious awards for his serious talents. 
No Matter what, JT is da BOMB!!!! 
He was so close to me I wanted to touch him...but security almost caught me :p

Shortly after JT's Performance, Jimmy Fallon came onto the stage shvitzing like crazy :)
And presented JT with a Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award !!!!
Congrats JT! You deserve it!
Just when I thought that this night couldn't get any better, the most amazing thing happened to me...
I Yelled out A$AP I LOVE YOU and he actually responded back to me and said I love you too! He then proceeded to give me the softest and most tender embrace. Total truth and nothing but the truth. Scouts honor.
Dear A$AP ROCKY, I will love you forever <3

So Cute, So sweet, I Love.
Not just because he responded back to me but, A$AP talked to all the fans around him and was just the sweetest person. I was so happy to get to see this kind side of A$AP and have grown to like him even more! Long. Live. A$AP.
A$AP supporting his fellow musicians. So cute. 
T-Boz and Chilli from the TLC  introducing...wait for it...
DRAKE! 
Love Drake BUT.... yes there is a but. He brought his entire "Crew" with him and they all came out with him and took over the front of the pit area, trampling and crushing everyone they came into contact with. When I say "Crew", I wish I meant a mixture of  short people but no, his crew consists of ALL MEN, ALL taller than 5'3 (my height). I would have understood the situation better if this was a Drake exclusive concert but, it was sad to see his people stealing all of our nice views and crushing all the little people in the mean time. I don't understand why he does that to his fans that have been waiting forever to see him... Oh well. 

Here is a short clip. Had to get on my tippy toes for this one ;)
Eventually Bruno Mars performed his new song "Gorilla." I wish I could have seen him a bit better...he's a bit tiny when you look at him.
As the night was coming to a close, Allison Williams came moseying around to present the final act.
I told her she was stunning and she actually answered back nervously and said "thanks, that's exactly what I needed to hear right now." It was cute to see her nervous and she was super sweet.
She announced that the last act was Katy Perry's Roar but the actual performance was not live as it was announced. Katy Perry actually had a separate event near the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade to record her "Roar" video, which was set to premier at the end of the VMA's. My boyfriend Allan was at this event and sent me a few blurry pictures to report back to you with ;)
You can catch the recording via MTV here.
Go Katy! 
I know I missed a few acts and the actual acceptance of most of the awards but, the pictures from the missing acts were just too crummy to share with you. I only want to share the best with you all! I hope you enjoyed the recap of my experience at the 2013 MTV Video Music awards. After reading this post, you should also see/read the following links below for some of the awesome/crazy and weird things that happened at the VMA's this year.

I wore a Phillip Lim Gold and Purple tiger print dress with a sexy back - sold out /steve madden studded ankle Boots via ASOS/Fendi Purse $1667 via farfetch

No comments :

Post a Comment