Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Boob Cookies - Hazelnut Salted Caramel Double stuffed Chocolate Chips

Smashin' cookies that look like boobs! I was reading a bunch of food blogs a few weeks ago and came across a bunch of recipes that I wanted to try and this one totally caught my attention. I snagged this Salted caramel + Nutella stuffed double chocolate chip cookie recipe from TWC and switched up the Rolo ingredient for Hershey Kisses to make the cookies look like nip slips.


I really like the stop motion video version of the instructions from TWC, so I'll make sure I include it in the end of the this post.
But seriously, these cookies are fan-freakin-tastic. I haven't mastered the recipe quite yet but, I think I can get it to perfection on the next try if I add MORE nutella. Maybe you can make them better and bring them to my office for me to try :)

Things you need:





Serving Size (around 23 cookies)
  • 1/2 cup (110g) BUTTA
  • 1 1/2 cups (350g) light brown SHUGA
  • 1/2 cup (55g) COCOA DUST
  • 2 BABY CHICKEN FETUS
  • 1/4 tsp SODIUM CHLORIDE
  • 3/4 tsp BAKING DUST
  • 2 cups (260g) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR - use whole wheat if you're feeling healthy!
  • 3.5 oz (100g) milk or dark chocolate NIPS/CHIPS
  • FLAKY SALT/ fleur de sel/ maldon salt, for sprinkling THAT HO DUST
  • approx. 1/2 cup (8 tbsp) NUTELLA AKA CRACK
  • Bag of caramel-filled chocolates -KISSES FROM YO MAN HERSHEY
  • Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat your oven to 98 DEGREES.

    JUST KIDDING, PREHEAT TO 350 degrees F (180 degrees C)



STEP 1: In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Take off the heat and stir in the brown sugar and eggs. 





STEP 2: Then add the cocoa, salt and baking powder and stir until well combined.






STEP 3: Add the flour and stir until no floury patches are left.


Doesn't it make you nervous when your batter starts out looking like this? Doesn't inspire much confidence now does it? It's like, did I put too much flour in? Too much baking powder? WTFFFFF! Whyyyyyy? 


You just to ride the struggle bus for a while and ultimately, have to have faith in your recipe.


It will eventually look dark and beautiful, like this :)

STEP 4: Lastly stir in the chocolate chips. White, milk, dark. Whatever makes you happy.



Don't forget to eat a scoop or two while doing all of this. Licking of the fingers is mandatory.


I ate more kisses than I should have...I almost didn't have enough for the cookies Lolz. That would have been a #partyfoul :p





STEP 5: Take 1 heaped tbsp of dough, use your finger make a large indentation the centre of the dough; 
fill the indentation with a GIANT blob of nutella (like 1/2 tsp ish),  and top it up with the still-warm salted caramel, or a caramel-filled chocolate.

If you want non-Boob looking cookies, Top with a flattened tablespoon of dough, and seal the edges.






STEP 6:

Sprinkle with fleur de sel and bake for 8-10 minutes.





VOILà ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 


Time for the Guinea pigs :)



Booger face likes it. 


Berdman is also a fan. 


Hot & Gooey.


Sweet, yet salty.



Did you like my boobs?

Here's the stop motion instruction video for the cookies:



Stay tuned for a Gelato making post later this week featuring Mia Chef Gelateria!
XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment