Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Roof Garden Café - Night @ The MET NYC

Heyooooo! Happy Humpy day amigos. Remember when I told you all that my bestie was coming to visit me from Shaolin last Friday? 
Meet Xtinz, aka Ginger Spice, aka Red. Christina and I have been friends since high school and our friendship is still going strong after almost 10 years, which is a lifetime for me since I suffer from misanthropic tendencies.


This past Friday, Red and I frolicked over to the MET to meet up with some friends for cocktails on the rooftop. Our cute friend Erin had organized a lovely evening for us, so we were happy to escape the dreadful office and meet up with everyone to play.


Overlooking Central Park
The Metropolitan Museum of Arts has a Rooftop Garden Cafe that opens only in the Spring, Summer, and Fall. It's a beautiful scene that overlooks Central park east, and after work, the sunset explodes into the sky creating the most breathtaking view of New York City. 

They also serve the most gorgeous and delicious drinks. We are having the Lemonade, Rosewater, and Iced Black Tea :)
Here is their drink menu:

Offered Friday and Saturday: 5:30–8:00 p.m.

Specialty Cocktails

Make any cocktail a nonalcoholic mocktail for $6.00.
   $14.00
Gola Ganda
Traditional Pakistani Shaved Ice with Choice of Pomegranate, Rosewater, or
Mango Syrup over Vodka
House-Made Mint Lemonade
Fresh Mint, Touch of Sugar, Limoncello
Rosewater
Rosewater Essence, Sparkling Water, Fresh-Picked Rose Petals, Touch of Sugar, Lemon Juice, Cachaça
Iced Black Tea
Green Cardamom Pods, Simple Syrup, Bourbon
Cosmopolitan
Vodka, Triple Sec, Cranberry Juice, Fresh Lime Juice
Classic Martini
Gin or Vodka
Signature Blend Sangria

Wines by the Glass

 $12.00
Hayes Ranch Chardonnay, California, 2009
Hayes Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon, California, 2008

Beer Selection

 $9.00
Brooklyn Lager
Brooklyn Summer Ale
Corona Extra
Amstel Light

There was a long ass line to get our drinks, but I snuck into the front of  the line thanks to some of our friends who were already there waiting for us. Score.

There are real rose petals in my drank. Impressed.
Homiez. 
Allan, looking cute as always <3
Hello fall, I've waited a long time for you. 
The very tall man to the left is Blake. He's Allan and my roommate :)
The pretty lady next to him is Casey, she a sweetheart.

New York City, you're a BABE. 


Christina is a VIP in my life and there are good reasons for it.
Many people have come and gone out of my life, including some of the people were supposed to be my "family." I found that most people who claimed to be my family have hurt me, neglected my needs, and were overall selfish but, Christina is one of the few gems who stood the tests of time and have always been loyal to me. I take loyalty very seriously, and think that trimming the fat can be a necessary move sometimes. No need to keep toxic people around who make you sad. I am ride or die. I will always be there for the people I love but, I will not tolerate being ignored or mistreated. I hope that Big Red and I will grow old and have infinite more laughs together. 


Hurry, Selfies before the bar closes!




The drinks that the bartender made for us was really tasty and STRONG. The bar closed at 8pm, and so we took our last sips and stumbled back into the museum.

We took one quick look at some of the art works before we skedaddled out of there. 
Allan wanted to take in the Georgia O'Keeffe...aka vagina paintings heheh
We chilled with a curvaceous fox.
She loves herself some Marylin <3


It was a fabulous night filled with fabulous friends for sure. Hurry over before they close it for the season :)


XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment