Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lobster Roll Heaven! Abbott's Lobster in the Rough - Noank, CT

It's a sandwich so opulent!



When Allan and I was in Connecticut for Rachel & Mike's wedding, we decided to stop by a famous lobster joint in Noank.




We had read amazing review's and couldn't wait to get our paws on their famous buttery lobster roll!



We heard about how busy this place gets, so we arrived a few minutes after they opened. 
Luckily, the line was just starting to form.


A bit pricier than I had expected, but I supposed that it's always touch and go with seafood.
I wanted to get EVERYTHING off the menu, but settled for their "Famous Hot Lobster Roll" and New England white Clam Chowder.

Abbott's is also B.Y.O.B., so be sure to grab a bottle of wine with your homies and ask for the "Abbotizer Special" when you visit. The outdoor area is also dog friendly, so bring your pooch!


Will it live up to the hype?

"At Abbott’s Lobster in the Rough in Noank, they take the simplicity of the Connecticut-style hot lobster roll and turn it into an art form. Their award-winning sandwich is made with a full quarter-pound of lobster meat (more than is found in the average small lobster) drenched in melted creamery butter and heaped onto a bun. It’s a sandwich so opulent, it’s well worth the trip to this far-off-the-beaten-path lobster pound to get one (not to mention the crowds you have to battle to order)." - Zagat 50 States 50 Sandwiches







The staff was so friendly and the service was quick! That always puts me in a good mood. 


I patiently waited for my number to get called so that I could get my nosh on.


I love that Abbott's is an old fashioned lobster shack by the docks.
It's quite a charming and classic little restaurant.
They have a small dining area indoors and a huge outdoor space with tables.


There are plenty of outdoor seating available and the beautiful water view will keep you and your lover quite pleased.







We had to wait just a couple more minutes for our lobster rolls so we dove into the creamy soup.
Fresh and simple, the Clam chowder was absolutely delicious. I think it tasted even better because the view was just brilliant.


 Once the lobster rolls arrived, we could see that the rolls were perfectly toasted and buttered to perfection!




Allan waited eagerly for me to finish snapping pictures so he could dig right into his sandwich.


I took a big bite into the quarter pound of buttered meat and toasted bun...
OH YEAH BABY!
It was the best lobster roll I have ever had in my entire life.


I've had lobster rolls from many different food trucks and fancy restaurants but, this took the trophy.
Winner winner, chicken dinner.






☼ 
There is also a cute little dessert shack next to the main restaurant so we had to try the ice cream of course.


Booski went for the mint chocolate chip, which is always a delightful choice.


I wanted to try something different so I went for the Abbott's version of the "Rocky Road".
Yummmmm  :)












Perfect for lovers, family, friends, and pets homies. 
The view is beautiful and the food is awesome, you can't go wrong with that!
I very much look forward to going back someday.

XO

No comments :

Post a Comment