Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Lobster Roll Heaven! Abbott's Lobster in the Rough - Noank, CT

It's a sandwich so opulent!



☼
When Allan and I was in Connecticut for Rachel & Mike's wedding, we decided to stop by a famous lobster joint in Noank.




☼
We had read amazing review's and couldn't wait to get our paws on their famous buttery lobster roll!


☼
We heard about how busy this place gets, so we arrived a few minutes after they opened. 
Luckily, the line was just starting to form.


☼
A bit pricier than I had expected, but I supposed that it's always touch and go with seafood.
I wanted to get EVERYTHING off the menu, but settled for their "Famous Hot Lobster Roll" and New England white Clam Chowder.

☼
Abbott's is also B.Y.O.B., so be sure to grab a bottle of wine with your homies and ask for the "Abbotizer Special" when you visit. The outdoor area is also dog friendly, so bring your pooch!


☼
Will it live up to the hype?

"At Abbott’s Lobster in the Rough in Noank, they take the simplicity of the Connecticut-style hot lobster roll and turn it into an art form. Their award-winning sandwich is made with a full quarter-pound of lobster meat (more than is found in the average small lobster) drenched in melted creamery butter and heaped onto a bun. It’s a sandwich so opulent, it’s well worth the trip to this far-off-the-beaten-path lobster pound to get one (not to mention the crowds you have to battle to order)." - Zagat 50 States 50 Sandwiches




☼



☼
The staff was so friendly and the service was quick! That always puts me in a good mood. 


☼
I patiently waited for my number to get called so that I could get my nosh on.


☼
I love that Abbott's is an old fashioned lobster shack by the docks.
It's quite a charming and classic little restaurant.
They have a small dining area indoors and a huge outdoor space with tables.


☼
There are plenty of outdoor seating available and the beautiful water view will keep you and your lover quite pleased.


☼



☼


☼
We had to wait just a couple more minutes for our lobster rolls so we dove into the creamy soup.
Fresh and simple, the Clam chowder was absolutely delicious. I think it tasted even better because the view was just brilliant.


☼
 Once the lobster rolls arrived, we could see that the rolls were perfectly toasted and buttered to perfection!




☼
Allan waited eagerly for me to finish snapping pictures so he could dig right into his sandwich.


☼
I took a big bite into the quarter pound of buttered meat and toasted bun...
OH YEAH BABY!
It was the best lobster roll I have ever had in my entire life.


☼
I've had lobster rolls from many different food trucks and fancy restaurants but, this took the trophy.
Winner winner, chicken dinner.


☼


☼


☼ 
There is also a cute little dessert shack next to the main restaurant so we had to try the ice cream of course.


☼
Booski went for the mint chocolate chip, which is always a delightful choice.


☼
I wanted to try something different so I went for the Abbott's version of the "Rocky Road".
Yummmmm  :)


☼


☼


☼


☼


☼


☼
Perfect for lovers, family, friends, and pets homies. 
The view is beautiful and the food is awesome, you can't go wrong with that!
I very much look forward to going back someday.

XO

No comments :

Post a Comment