Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bahama Mama! - Great Stirrup Cay with NCL Part II

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, and suck up the wild air.



I love being on vacation and never knowing what day of the week it is. 

Allan and I rose out of bed after our Florida beach adventures without a care in the world, and found a shuttle boat banging against our ship. 


The crew was loading up all the fresh fruits, veggies, and meat for the BBQ on Norwegian Cruise Line's private island, Great Stirrup Cay. 
We wanted to be the first ones on the island, so we shimmied into our bathing suits as fast as we could and got on the boat. 

The water was just breathtaking, and the wind was perfectly brushing against our fresh tans. I couldn't wait to dip my toes into the clear and warm Caribbean sea.

☸ 
Great Stirrup Cay is a small island that is part of the Berry Islands in the Bahamas. Norwegian Cruise Line purchased the island from Belcher Oil Company in 1977 and developed it into a private island for their cruise ship passengers.

☸  
Great Stirrup was also a pirate hideout while the British settled in Nassau and the larger islands until 1815. 

☸  
☸  
☸ 
Before we could relax on the beach and attend the BBQ, Allan and I geared up for a Jet Ski ride around the island. It was my first time ever driving a Wave Runner and I had a BLAST! I wish I could do it everyday, and it was my favorite excursions on this trip. The locals guided us around the island showing us giant starfishes and told us stories, like one about Cocaine Pirates that got busted because of a plane crash on a  island nearby a while back.

☸  
☸  
After the most AMAZING time riding the waves, we were both famished, so we headed to the BBQ area for a delightful fare.
I didn't worry about my figure and just dove into my overflowing plate of ribs, burger, pizza and a salad of course. #sorrynotsorry #imonvacation #cantstopwontstop
  
Finally, it was time to booze it up under the Caribbean sun!
  
 
Allan and I got the best golden tan on this beach, and cooled off in the most delightful sea.
Allan made sure to wear SPF 50 on his face. #protectyourmoneymaker

 
He even made a new friend. #photobombed

 
These babies were filled with iced cold rum punch!

 
Can I get a refill please? 
  
 
It's getting hot in hurrr. Time for a dip.

 
 
 
 
Splash, splash, splash!

After bathing in the sun for way too long, we eventually got back on the shuttle boat and decided it was time to eat...again.

  
  
  
  
  
I didn't want to part, but I bid the beautiful island adieu and took a mental picture of the this beautiful scene in my head.

    
Once we got back on the ship, we cleaned ourselves up and headed to our favorite dinner spot on the ship. HIBACHI!

     
I love Hibachi because the food is always good and the chefs are always entertaining.

     
Who says we can't play with our dinner?
Everyone loves a good dinner and a show.

     
     
     
Allan went for the seafood combo and I always go for the chicken and steak number.

     
I wish I could eat like this everyday.

     
Fresh Fruit Sashimi

     
Green Tea Cake & Iced Cream

   
When we got back to our room, we discovered that Emmanuel had left us the cutest towel turtle I had ever seen.

It was the most perfect day, and I will treasure these memories forever.
I know it's really hard to save up for a nice vacation, but this trip reminded me of how important vacations are for the body and soul. It reminded me of how important it is to relax from time to time, and take care good of yourself. From now on, I plan on taking a lot more vacations and go as many places as I can.
Because you can always make money but, you can't always make happy and unforgettable memories with the people you love.

XO

No comments :

Post a Comment