Friday, October 18, 2013

October Birch Box - Beauty Delivered

I figured this would be the perfect month to share my BirchBox with you because, this October makes it exactly 1 year since I have had my BirchBox Subscription. In 2011, I went to a Baby Buggy event to celebrate its 10th Anniversary during “A Night of Comedy with Jerry Seinfeld & Friends” at Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center in New York City. As I was walking out, I got a free BirchBox at the door. Little did I know, this little box changed my life!


I wait for my Birchbox every month with bated breath! Birchbox is a $10 monthly subscription service — you fill out a beauty profile, and then every month, a little box of high-end beauty samples from the likes of Kerastase, Laura Mercier and Nars arrive at your door. This company has revolutionized how woman sample and buy their essential cosmetics.Their YouTube channel offers product demos, and the website has tips and tutorials to help you "discover products you love."
Birchbox is owned by the same women who own Gilt Group AND Rent The Runway and they are smart as fuck. Katia Beauchamp and Hayley Barna met at Harvard Business School. They inspire me to become a power betch myself ;) 





Don't you want one? Wanna see what's in my box? 


All of the things listed above were included in my October Birchbox. Remember that each person gets something different in their boxes to reflect their profile personality.


I really love my Birchbox time. Since I have had my Birchbox subscription, I haven't gone out of my way to shop for cosmetics much. All the samples usually last me longer than a month, so each month i get something new, before I even finish the old. I get to try all kinds of different products that I wouldn't have normally thought to buy. 



I can't wait to try this out. See if it covers up my annoying pimple. Don't forget to go on http://www.birchbox.com/ to read all the reviews about the products that are in your box. These reviews are really helpful and written by people like me! if you are already a part of Birchbox, you can even get points for your reviews you can later use to get free stuff! 





I tried this one out immediately since I am a lip gloss fiend. I liked it but, I am not really a super fan. This color is called "Floating Rose." It's a cute color and it taste like mint, but the mint flavor is so much lighter than the C.O. Bigelow mint glosses. I happen to like the powerful and refreshing minty flavor that C.O. Bigelow ones give off. The wand for this gloss is also weird. It looks and feels like it is made of plastic..Hard. Plastic. No Bueno for a soft lips.


This little treat was an extra addition in this month's Box! They put it in a separate "mass market discovery baggie." It's free. I love it.


I really like lip balm. I reapply constantly while I am at the office. Sometimes, gloss just doesn't moisturize enough and you just need a good old fashioned Chap Stick


Banilla Creeeeam. Emmmm so warm.


This is actually divine. The vanilla isn't too strong, and it doesn't taste disgusting/mediciney like their original ones. I usually like their cherry ones, but this vanilla is a win. 


I want this. Since I went to that Bobbi Brown event at Sephora last week, I have been obsessed with trying to make my eyebrows look better. Caitlin had done such a great job with my brows, that I have to now start doing them on my own.


I'm debating whether I should get this or not. I'll keep you posted.



I haven't tried this yet but I am excited to try it out! If I like it enough, I will definitely share my thoughts about it with you.











Allan had the Men's Birchbox too. He canceled his subscription. He liked some of the things he got but, I think he wasn't as excited about his box. It's harder with guys I think. They really don't know what they want. Also the men's Birchbox is $60 for a three month subscription so it is definitely pricier than the woman's version.

Hope you all tear it up this weekend. I'm gonna go light it up myself tonight in NYC.

 XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment