Friday, October 11, 2013

Live Q&A with Bobbi Brown + Smoky Holiday Looks with Rogelio Reyna

"I go for the girls who photograph well and look different. I don't need a girl who looks like Barbie."
- Bobbi Brown on October 10 @ The Bobbi Brown University NYC



Aloha my Sugar Toots. Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I have been super busy with class/work/life and was just trying to get my shit together, I'm sure you can understand.
Any-who, I'm back and have something just fabulous to share with you.
Yesterday, Ginger Spice and I went to a super-ultra-fab Bobbi Brown event hosted by Sephora @ the Bobbi Brown University in Soho. It was an event with a live Q&A session with the one and only Bobbi Brown, and master class tutorial on Smoky Holiday looks with Makeup Artist, Rogelio Reyna.
We also got to take home a full size Old Hollywood palette before it even hit the stores!


Thanks to my obsessive shopping habit with Sephora, I had enough points to RSVP for this very exclusive event. We actually got wait-listed and almost couldn't attend the event but, lady luck was on our side, and we got to meet the fairy godmother of makeup-Bobbi Brown
I made Xtinz come all the way from Shaolin to accompany me to this event.

We first had a fabulous brunch, where I stuffed my face with Strawberry Beglian Waffles.


Then I made Xtinz do my hair. Hot Bunz are her specialty.


After sprucing ourselves up for Bobbi, we hopped in a cab for a short ride further downtown to Soho. 


We got a bit sidetracked on our way to event because Christina just had to go to check out the Harry Potter goodies at the Scholastic Store in Soho. 


Like a baby in a candy store. It was pretty embarrassing. We were the only grown ups there without children... -_- 


Holla~! After a brief heart attack with the wait-list BS and Xtinz wanting all thing Harry Potter, we finally made it inside.


They greeted us with champagne at the door. Don't mind if I do...



A beautiful, delicious and healthy spread :)


Here's to lookin' at you Kid.


Shhh... I had quite a few glasses.






We were the last ones to sit because we were enjoying our champagne and strawberries a bit too much.





Once we sat down, we saw cute little Bobbi Brown University folders and Pens that were left for us. Aren't they super precious?


Gonna make this my "Lucky" Pen.


We Love you Bobbi!


Like, so, so much.







 She was too cute, and very inspiring. She wore simple black with a beautiful hot pink Scarf. She talked about her company, her own style and how her company is involved in the community (Dress for Success). She talked about how much she loved nail polish and how she even has an in-house manicurist who does everyone's nail and know everyone's secrets. When booking her models, she talked about how she looks for unique and interesting looking girls, rather than girls like look like Barbie dolls. It was so amazing to meet her in person and see her up close! She's been a powerful woman, a market leader, a mover, a shaker, and she still looks damn good! I was so starstruck, that I missed a good chunk of what she was saying in the beginning haha. 

After a delightful lil' chit chat with Bobbi, it was time for a tutorial on smokey holiday looks with Rogelio Reynas!



This event also served as an introduction to their new Old Hollywood Palette.
We  each got one of these bad boys for free in our gift bags.
Details
What to pair with a leading lady-worthy lip? This palette plays the perfect supporting role to any look, from the season's rich reds to alluring nudes. Featuring a mix of cool and warm colors for eyes with glitter and flat finishes, this ultra-wearable palette lets you choose how glamorous you want to go. Nine separate shades come in a classic black mirrored compact with the Bobbi Brown crest on the top. Includes a dual ended mini Eye Shadow Brush too (for scene-stealing eye looks wherever you go).






Xtinz really wants one of these giant Professional makeup kits...Chu Chu hope you're reading my blog.


This is the fabulous makeup artist Rogelio Reyna. Yes, I know I have been using the word "fabulous" a lot. Don't care, cuz hes F-A-B-O-L-O-U-S
He's been with Bobbi for over 13 years and have been working NYFW for about 10. 

Check out the clips I recorded below.
He gives some good advice on achieving the Smoky Holiday Look ;)


He loves the gel liner: "It opens up any eye, glams up any look, and is great for creating a quick smokey eye!"





 After the tutorial, we all got makeovers. It was my favorite part of the event. Caitlin was my fab makeup artist for the day. She was super sweet, super dope, and she made me super beautiful for the night. Thanks a bunch Caitlin! 








View from the Loft~









Love my lipstick color? Plum Rose Rich 








"Gold, gold, gold and the romance of Old Hollywood. From hair to makeup to clothing, it was all glam!" -Rogelio Reyna.

Christina and I had a BLAST and we learned so much about the different techniques to achieving the Holiday look. After attending, it's safe to say that our love for Brown Brown Cosmetics is genuine will last a lifetime! I think if you are a woman looking for quality foundations and a wide range of precise colors to choose from, Bobbi Brown is the way to go. Their concealer and foundations come in many formulas that have been engineered for each skin type and have amazing quality. Honestly I loved everything. From their gel eyeliner to their brow kit, I am dying to use all their collection for my Fall/Winter look. I mean, if Oprah loves Bobbi, I think I could get on board too.     


XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment