Monday, December 2, 2013

Burlesque Thanksgiving Eve 2013 - Night @ The Box NYC

Waddup Homiez. 

The holidayz are here and I'm sure you are all sick of Thanksgiving leftovers by now, I know I am but that won't stop me from sharing with you the golden recipes I found/used for gobble day in tomorrow's post perhaps. Also, lo siento for my absence as of late, I have been working on trying to find some ways to redesign Les Bananas and hope to bring you a fresh look sometime in the next month or so. 

Today, I want to share with you my amahzing experience with friends on Thanksgiving eve 
@ The Box NYC.


If I could explain this place in one word = OPULENT
The Box has a sister club in London and it's just as swanky and exclusive. It's pretty expensive to party @ the box so make sure your wallet is stuffed before you get there.
The Box = "Theatre of Varieties" and their burlesque performances are STEAMY HOT. Photos during the show aren't allowed but a snuck short vid of their sexy opening act.






We had a fabulous time!


Here's a screen shot of their website 

Their ofish youtube trailer


Before the show started the music was bumpin' and the party people were feeling gooooood.


We parked ourselves at a good spot right by the stage.


Dancers in the aisles to keep the party vibe live. Lady in the red wig = hottie.


<3


I went with my boo, Mano (my brother from another mother), Blake (my roomie) and his awesome GF Casey.


Aren't they super cute?



Hey Mr. DJ put a record on, I wanna dance with my babay.



 Profile via NY Mag:

Profile

This particular box was a defunct twenties sign factory until Serge Becker (La Esquina205) joined theater folk Richard Kimmel, Randy Weiner, and Simon Hammerstein in reimagining it as an intimate Hammerstein Ballroom (which was built by Simon’s grandfather Oscar). So now, up a curving, Persian-rugged staircase is a mezzanine of armchairs gathered around a display of antique bottles exhumed during construction. The newly New Orleans–style balustrade overlooks bejeweled chandeliers and a mirrored back bar equipped with towering molded cabinets. The small bar upstairs caters to those dining in the velvet-curtained balcony booths; downstairs, dinner unfolds in spacious U-booths a step up from the parquet floor. The state-of-the-art stage is graced by circus stars, human oddities, and avant-garde thespians from France, Russia, and even Brighton Beach—a mix as fanciful and incongruous as the layered wallpaper of cherubs, Chinese fighting fish, and flappers. 
Some people think that partying at The Box is overrated but I had a pretty awesome time and hope to do it again someday. If you get a chance, be sure to visit while tearing it up in NYC.

Have a happy Mondee Homies.
XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment