Tuesday, July 15, 2014

POTA-TOPIA is HEAVEN - West Village NYC

I think my dreams have come true... (Cue Heavenly Music) 



Homies, it's here. Pota-topia is here to change the way you think of POTATOES!
It's like a potato bar for all you french fries/baked potato enthusiasts.
My favorite food in the world has to be french fries...or maybe all things carb.

If you have a friend who is a picky eater, tell them Potatopia is American, Gluten-Free, & Vegetarian. 


Allan and I waited all week to check out the store that recently opened in the west village.

Here are the current locations:
Edison, NJ
Menlo Park Mall
422 Menlo Park
Mon-Sat 10am-9:30pm Sun 11am-7pm Phone: 732.549.7300 

New York, NY
378 6th Ave.
M-W 10:30am-12am Th - Sa 10:30am - 1am Su 11am - 10pm


Potatopia is about choices. We have a wide selection of all-natural quality gourmet ingredients and a distinct approach that will change the way you think about potatoes. Create your own meal or enjoy our most popular combinations, all of which feature natural cut potato styles, fresh toppings, flavorful extras, and signature sauces to create a perfectly balanced meal. There’s something here for everyone.


An entire restaurant dedicated to potatoes? Yes, I have died and gone to heaven.
It's like a Pinkberry or Chipotle but just for potatoes.


The United Nations declared 2008 to be the International Year of the Potato.


Potatoes are second only to milk as the most consumed food in America


“French fries” were introduced to America when Thomas Jefferson served them at a White House dinner in 1802.


The potato was the first vegetable grown in outer space.


The average American eats over 120 pounds of potatoes a year.


Potatoes are more nutritious when eaten with the skin on.


Potatoes are grown in all 50 states, and in 125 countries.


Yes, you can also grab a nice cold beer to enjoy your tater tots.


I was too excited and overwhelmed with joy to build my own concoction. So we ordered a bunch of things to try...
We ordered four dishes. #Dontjudgeme


We ordered the CURLY SUE, I THINK THEREFORE I YAM, FREQUENT FRIERS, and the LOWER EAST SIDER.




While we waited for our food, we doodled our very own Potatopian.




I was also super excited that they had malt vinegar for the fries. I love the fries they have in Rehobeth beach, Delaware. They won't give you ketchup, but will doust your fries in vinegar and they are delicious!


These two were our favorite:

FREQUENT FRIERS
Shoestring, House Salt and Pepper, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley, Garlic with Parmo Aioli

I THINK THEREFORE I YAM
Sweet Potato Crinkle, House Salt and Pepper, Asiago Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley, Red Onions, 




I THINK THEREFORE I YAM



LOWER EAST SIDER



FREQUENT FRIERS



CURLY SUE




LOVE LOVE LOVE

#potatolove


We took the rest home and devoured them in private ;)






Bon appétit homies.

XO

No comments :

Post a Comment