Thursday, April 17, 2014

April Showers Bring Mayflowers: Rainy Days Birchbox Review April 2014

Happy Pre-Friday Homies! Today, I want to share my April 2014 Birchbox review with you. I know I've been super hating on my preivious Birchboxes lately, but I want to say that I am very happy with month's products. Long. Live. Birchbox.


I too secretly love rainy days. I love cuddling up with my man + pooch, order Seamless, and watch re-runs of Law & Order SVU. I also love rainy days to catch up on my world news, cook something that takes longer than my usual quick recipes, and even take some time to paint my own nails. Sometimes, it's nice to get out of the hustle and be forced into leisure.   
 


1. Kind Healthy Grain Bars: $11.88 - Super healthy with quality ingredients! My profile says NO SNACKS but I'll forgive BB on this one since this snack was a tasty delight. 


2. Color Club "Gold Struck" Nail Laquer: $13 for set of 4 - I love this polish because it was designed by a Spanish model/fellow blogger, Gala Gonzalez. The color is pearly and opaque, perfect for transitioning from day to night. 

3. Anastasia Beverly Hill Clear Brow Gel: $22 - Do you have wild brows in the morning after a night of naughty rendezvous with your pillow? This formula is free of harsh chemicals and contains plant-based ingredients like chamomile extract to soothe skin. Essential oils prevent brows from flaking and a film-forming polymer helps keep them in place without looking stiff. I realized that my brows aren't as thick as they used to be when I was in high school, so I am trying to be much more diligent about taking care of them now that I am getting a bit older ;)

4. Gilchrist & Soames Spa Therapy, Stimulating Sea Wrack Body Wash: $15 - Citrusy and pleasant, this baby smells great and will hydrate your skin. If you don't have time or the $$$ for a luxury seaweed wrap at the spa, this is the perfect alternative. This sample size is also around 1.7 oz, which is ample enough for you to test the product.

5. Davines Oi / Shampoo / Conditioner: $26 for the shampoo + $32 for the Conditoner - Ever since I got my wild & crazy curly perm, I am all about trying new + expensive hair products to smooth and tame my mane. I am also going on a cruise next month to the Bahamas so I am saving all of my sample sized toiletries for the trip. I haven't gotten a chance to use this yet but I am super excited, and I hear this stuff is FAB! Great for protection against UV radiation and heat styling.

Tip # 24
These tips are great ideas to organize your life on a rainy day!

Click here for all: 52 BRIGHT IDEAS ON A RAINY DAY

Don't see your April box items? Click here for the full list/reviews.
I am back on team BirchBox so go ahead and get your subscription today!

XOXO

No comments :

Post a Comment