Wednesday, August 6, 2014

How to Groom a Long Hair Dachshund: Unleashed Spa & Self Service Dog Wash NYC

We normally get Leo the hot dawg groomed at Petco but, this time we decided to take him somewhere better. We love his new cut.


Happy Humpdee homies!
Long Hair Dachshunds are a bit trickier when it comes to grooming. They have such beautiful long hair that you don't want to mess it up by cutting too much, or cut off their natural dip dyed look like Leo and his dark tips. Petco groomers are so nice but I am not sure that they know exactly what they are doing.
Allan found a different pet grooming salon in our neighborhood and we decided to take Leo there for a new hairdo. WE LOVE LEO'S NEW DO!  Unleashed Spa did such a better job grooming our pup that Allan and I decided to make this place our go to groomer. 

Doesn't he look dapper?

218 Ave B
New York, NY 10009
East Village, Alphabet City
Get Directions
Transit information L 1 Ave. and 1 more station
Phone number (212) 533-9300


Unleashed Spa gives off amazing vibes when you walk in. They are friendly, busy, trendy, and amazingly accommodating. Petco also owns a series of grooming salons called "Unleashed" so don't confuse it with Unleashed Spa. Your pooch will willingly walk into Unleashed Spa, and the staff will totally try their best to squeeze you in last minute even if you didn't have an appointment. If you are picky about grooming your baby (as you should be!), you can even choose to use their self-service option and groom your own pet in their salon. They will bring you all the material and you can cut/style/groom your own pooch however you want.


I think I paid like $20-$30 more than a full grooming session at Petco including tip but, the result is totally worth it. I think Leo's session at Petco brought his coat smelling delicious, but his hair looked really choppy and boxy. Now Leo looks much more natural, clean, and sexy. 


Here is the price list but you can visit their website and get all the info that you need.
Price List
Full Grooming Services
Prices may vary with different breeds and coat conditions.
Included in Bath and Full grooming:
Ear Cleaning
Nail Clipping
Paw Pad Cleaning
Anal Gland Expression
Blueberry Facial
Bath
Blowout
Sanitary Clip
Choice of Oatmeal, Brightening or Hypoallergenic Shampoo
Full grooming prices (includes haircut):

Small dog : 70/75
Medium Dog: 75/80
Large Dog 80/90
Extra Large: 90 and up
Bath package prices:
Small Dog: 45/50
Medium Dog: 60/70
Large Dog: 80/90
Extra Large: 90 and up
Self-Service Dog Wash
$20

Includes: choice of shampoos, conditioners, towels, Brushes, ear cleaner, cotton swabs and apron, pro-pet dryer and, of course, treats for a good doggie. (Additional grooming tools not supplied in self-service area)


They have amazing Yelp reviews as well :)



If you have a dog take him/her to Unleashed and they will thank you with puppy kisses!


Sorry I've been missing in action lately homies. I took some time off of work and blogging recently to relax, spend some quality time with baby Leo, and think about my future. As you homies know, I have been an EA to the executives at a private equity firm for a while now. There is nothing wrong with being an EA and many people will tell you the many benefits and perks behind behind the right hand man/woman to the big boss man/lady. I always thought that this job would be a foot in the door to the world of finance and that I would eventually become a sales trader after getting licensed. After spending some time in the industry and pining over the series 7 material, I realized that the golden age of finance is indeed over. Big companies like Barclays, Credit Suisse, and other financial institutions are laying off thousands of employees, salaries are capped lower than ever, and compliance regulations have made it harder than ever to do things the way they used to be done, which makes the industry a bit less interesting. I do, however, want to catapult myself to a career a bit more lucrative and with a lot more immediate earning potential. I have been trying to push myself to find a personally more meaningful career and I am happy to let you homies know that I just got a brand new spankin' job!
In two weeks I will start training to become a recruiter aka head hunter. I will be working to help other people find their dream jobs and prosperous careers with bright futures. I don't think anyone dreams of one day becoming a recruiter and finds it by accident like did. Whether it is a happy accident or a miserable failure is yet to be discovered, but I am excited to start a new chapter of my life doing something completely different, and challenging myself more than I have before.

So wish me luck homies and I'll keep you posted!

XO

No comments :

Post a Comment